David Howe – (still?) King of Mann
StephenP
2009-07-27 14:21:31 UTC
It would appear that our old friend David Drew Howe, aka the King of
Mann, is still peddling his little fantasy. Over at myspace he seems
now to be sporting some gong with a sash as well as a kilt;

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewPicture&friendID=277277202&albumId=99566

The antidote can be seen at www.unrealroyal.com
Greg
2009-07-27 15:48:28 UTC
Post by StephenP
It would appear that our old friend David Drew Howe, aka the King of
Mann, is still peddling his little fantasy.  Over at myspace he seems
now to be sporting some gong with a sash as well as a kilt;
http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewPicture...
The antidote can be seen atwww.unrealroyal.com
Heraldry Stephen? Where's the heraldry?

Remember now, you just said this to me:

[quote] "Better yet take all the non heraldic chatter concerning
Feudal Barons
to this group; http://groups.google.co.uk/group/Scottish-Baronies?hl=en

I'd quite forgotten its existence [quote]

So, how does your subject of this Howe individual make heraldry?

Or, are just admitting that I was right again about subject matter on
this forum?

It would be alt.royalty for you wouldn't it?
Turenne
2009-07-27 16:26:44 UTC
Post by StephenP
It would appear that our old friend David Drew Howe, aka the King of
Mann, is still peddling his little fantasy. Over at myspace he seems
now to be sporting some gong with a sash as well as a kilt;
http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewPicture...

Great find Stephen! What is it about dodgy poseurs and kilts?

This is absolutely the right place for such finds, especially since Mr
Howe also claims arms to which he patently has no right.

Richard L
Greg
2009-07-28 00:00:15 UTC
Post by StephenP
Post by StephenP
It would appear that our old friend David Drew Howe, aka the King of
Mann, is still peddling his little fantasy.  Over at myspace he seems
now to be sporting some gong with a sash as well as a kilt;
http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewPicture...
Great find Stephen! What is it about dodgy poseurs and kilts?
This is absolutely the right place for such finds, especially since Mr
Howe also claims arms to which he patently has no right.
Richard L
Thank you for that blisteringly intelligent analysis Richard. As
always...

Now, Stephen Plowman? What does your post possibly have to do with
heraldry? This is a (HERALDRY) forum, we all know that. We also know
that Howe is the king of Mann, and will always be, just ask 'em he'll
tell ya that. Sheeesh. But, howe does your topic relate to heraldry?

Come come Stephen Plowman. Put up or shut up.
StephenP
2009-07-28 07:52:13 UTC
Post by Turenne
Great find Stephen! What is it about dodgy poseurs and kilts?
This is absolutely the right place for such finds, especially since Mr
Howe also claims arms to which he patently has no right.
Richard L
If I recall correctly, Howe first used the Arms of Edward III. He
then used the quarterly Arms of France, Isle of Man, England and his
own DIY version. He is now sporting a variation of the Manx Arms
(approx blazon);

"Azure a Triskele Argent garnished and spurred Or on a chief Argent
three Tudor roses all within a bordure Or."

I suppose the joy of being a king is that you are free to change your
arms willy nilly. A bit confusing for your loyal subjects though.

Stephen
Turenne
2009-07-28 08:50:22 UTC
If I recall correctly, Howe first used the Arms of Edward III.  He
then used the quarterly Arms of France, Isle of Man, England and his
own DIY version.  He is now sporting a variation of the Manx Arms
(approx blazon);
I suppose the joy of being a king is that you are free to change your
arms willy nilly.  A bit confusing for your loyal subjects though.
That's not all. I am given to understand that his supporters have
changed a number of times too.

Richard
Greg
2009-07-28 15:38:18 UTC
Post by Turenne
Great find Stephen! What is it about dodgy poseurs and kilts?
This is absolutely the right place for such finds, especially since Mr
Howe also claims arms to which he patently has no right.
Richard L
If I recall correctly, Howe first used the Arms of Edward III.  He
then used the quarterly Arms of France, Isle of Man, England and his
own DIY version.  He is now sporting a variation of the Manx Arms
(approx blazon);
"Azure a Triskele Argent garnished and spurred Or on a chief Argent
three Tudor roses all within a bordure Or."
I suppose the joy of being a king is that you are free to change your
arms willy nilly.  A bit confusing for your loyal subjects though.
Stephen
Do you have any liks that show Howe using those arms? How in the devil
could anyone, even as nutty as he is just - assume - the arms of an
old English king? Though Edward III is credited with being the first
to quarter the royal arms, what could possibly be the ulterior motive?
Peter Constantine
2009-07-28 16:01:48 UTC
How in the devil could anyone, even as nutty as he is just - assume - the
arms of an old English king?
Walsall Borough Council have been at it for over 100 years...

Greg
2009-07-28 16:13:23 UTC
http://www.british-towns.net/en/_L2_arms/320.png
(chuckle) Isn't it all just too much.
Turenne
2009-07-28 17:03:56 UTC
Lese Majeste or what??
Greg
2009-07-28 20:43:22 UTC
Post by Turenne
Post by Peter Constantine
Walsall Borough Council have been at it for over 100 years...
http://www.british-towns.net/en/_L2_arms/320.png
Lese Majeste or what??
I as going to ask that very question, however when I looked at the
URL .net, it implies that this site is run out of the US.
Peter Constantine
2009-07-28 21:07:33 UTC
Post by Turenne
Lese Majeste or what??
There's some explanation of the history of the Walsall 'arms' here:

http://www.ngw.nl/int/gbr/w/walsall.htm

...I suppose it could be argued that this is not a coat of arms at all
but simply an emblem or logo that just happens to look a bit 'heraldic'.

Turenne
2009-07-28 22:20:04 UTC
Post by Peter Constantine
...I suppose it could be argued that this is not a coat of arms at all
but simply an emblem or logo that just happens to look a bit 'heraldic'.
You're in Staffordshire aren't you Peter? I think you should go down
to the council offices in Walsall and have a word....

Richard
Greg
2009-07-29 03:57:16 UTC
Post by Peter Constantine
Post by Turenne
Lese Majeste or what??
http://www.ngw.nl/int/gbr/w/walsall.htm
...I suppose it could be argued that this is not a coat of arms at all
but simply an emblem or logo that just happens to look a bit 'heraldic'.
Nope. Looks like a full achievement to me.